Monday, March 1, 2010

Amelie the Bookworm*


Amelie has taken up a new hobby lately...books!  She most definitely gets that from me because I was the kid always staying up late at night to read books under her blanket with a flashlight after lights out and getting the most stars on the wall for all the books I read.  Whenever I go to the bookstore, I can't leave without buying at least one book for her but with so many books out there it's so hard to know what she'll like!  Recommendations are very welcome!

Here are a couple of Amelie's favorite books we'd recommend:






Since birth, Amelie has always shown interest in this book and even at the age of 10.5 months, she sits still when I read this to her!  I think it's the bright colors and the story is almost lyrical.  A very colorful read~













I just recently bought her this book and she goes blah blah over it!  She points to everything asking what it is and tries to imitate what I say.













As much as she loves to take all the cards out, she loves to see the shapes and colors on these concept cards.  I think these are great flash cards to get babies to know their shapes and colors.












This book with it's lyrical whimsy is great fun for me to read to Amelie.  We both get a kick out of this book.












If you want something with bright lights and music, I recommend this.  I bought this for Amelie this past weekend and she is LOVING it!  It combines rhythm and rhyme with seven classic nursery favorites.  She claps to it, sings to it and it keeps her occupied for a good while which is key for us mothers ^-*








These Sesame Street Board books are awesome to bring in the diaper bag when you go out.  They keep Amelie entertained in the car, at the mall, at church, anywhere!  They're really sturdy, easily wiped down, colorful and adorable.  There are a series of these books and if you go to the Target $1 section in the front of the store, you can score them for a buck a piece!




Here is Amelie reading her 'first 100 Words' book and spending the good latter part of it making an animal noise that she recently had breakthrough with.

3 comments:

Yuri said...

Amie is a bookworm. The first picture is SO cute! :)

HK said...

the way she's moo-ing, she's either gonna love steak or become vegan ^_~

Jen Han said...

So cute! Alex loves this book too.