Monday, January 18, 2010

It's the Little Things*

Slowly little bits and pieces of our personalities are coming out in Amelie. I guess because I'm such a visual person, I notice things that other people usually don't. I love to take in the bigger picture and then explore and soak things in little by little with all the senses...feel the texture, taste and smell the flavour, see the beauty and hear the music it makes. This is one prominent thing I've noticed that she's inherited from me is her attention to detail and thorough exploration of things. While I'm on the computer or doing laundry and I let Amelie loose on the floor, I come back to see her scouring the floor and playing with a strand of hair, or poking at a piece of lint, loose thread, crumb, tiny piece of paper and even gnawing on the garbage can (that's for another entry). Or we'll give her a colorful toy that lights up and has doodads all over it and what does she do, she flips it over and examines the screws and on-off switch first!

Here's our little Inspector Amelie hard at work.

Inspector Amelie* from Shirlpearl on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Two Leaf Photography said...

Hahaha! So cute! I like how you say No at the end. Haha!

Christine said...

love the music. glad you're blogging!

Jennifer said...

Love the drool and the sigh at the end!